Sunday, May 22, 2016

Shift in the forecast - My confidence is no longer high enough to narrow down severe threat

The models are beginning to show signs that they're having some trouble forecasting just when the most favorable conditions for stronger thunderstorms are going to arrive in the state next week. As such, I've removed the "severe thunderstorms likely" outlook for Wednesday, for now. I still believe we're going to have thunderstorms in Michigan on Wednesday, but my confidence as to how strong they'll be has gone way down.



Again, I think that we're looking at the potential for severe weather sometime next week. Dewpoints are still on track to reach 70 degrees over a wide area of the lower peninsula by Thursday and Friday. I'm going to wait for more data from the mid-range models before I start making any further outlooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment