Saturday, April 2, 2016

Growing concern - Wednesday April 6th Potential Winter Storm

I know I'm getting ahead of myself considering that Winter Storm Warnings could be coming within the next 6 hours for an additional 8 inches of snow in some areas, but I don't want this one to slip off the radar because it could bring even more hazardous weather to the area.

Yesterday I made mention of potentially heavy rains this coming Wednesday which in addition to a warm up would cause snow melt and potential flooding issues. The good news is that this is looking less and less likely from the latest model forecasts. The bad news is that the system is still coming, and it's looking like it's going to be cold enough for snow instead.

All I can see in this image is the bottom of a woman's stiletto shoe. That shoe belongs to Mother Nature as she curb-stomps the state of Michigan. 12z ECMWF projected snowfall rates for Wednesday morning.
Haven't had enough depressing graphics yet? Take a look at the projected snowfall totals below:


Both the GFS and ECMWF models are in close agreement in both timing and track of this storm thus far, though the GFS is taking the misery one step further and predicting freezing rain.  

I vote that we all just stay in bed for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment