Thursday, December 3, 2015

A close eye should be kept on December 13th through 18th

Another Panhandle Hook storm system may affect Michigan sometime during the week of December 13th. Several GFS runs have indicated this feature.


It's way too early to tell exactly when, or even truly if this system will bring us snow, rain, or any precipitation at all. I'd say that it's likely that we'll see something out of it if it does manifest, as these types of storms in the winter time tend to affect us more than others. It may wind up being similar to what we saw on November 21st in all regards, as temperature profiles are looking similar (warm) in the long term. November 21st was NOT an easy storm to forecast, as minute temperature differences and final storm track caused steep differences in snowfall totals along a very thin set of borders.

For now, my gut's telling me we're going to see snow out of this, and possibly 3 inches or more of accumulation. Again, it's WAY too early to use anything other than my gut to make this assertion, including my brain. I would not put any money on any forecast right now, but I would begin to reconsider long term travel plans during this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment