Thursday, February 25, 2016

Miserable evening - Widespread power outages throughout Thumb, portions of SE Michigan

Winter Storm Warning still in effect, though the snow should taper off by noon at the latest. For the life of me, I can't figure out why a Blizzard Warning wasn't issued last night. Winds were regularly gusting between 40 and 50mph for several hours, which, when combined with heavy wet snow sticking to trees and power lines, lead to what you see below:



It was a miserable night for me. I have a medical condition that makes it very difficult to sleep without power. I wouldn't say I slept more than 20 minutes last night. Combined with working until 3am the last two days (while still being up at 8am), I'm in some pretty rough shape.

I do have some videos from yesterday and plan to take some pictures today, but I doubt I'll get around to posting as much as I otherwise would after such a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment