Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The insanity of this storm

Holy testicle Tuesday! 


This storm has eclipsed even last week's in terms of raw snowfall in Pigeon. We have a solid foot on the ground; possibly a tenth of an inch or two more. Having to work tonight, around 11PM (when this picture was taken) I took a stroll from my apartment, to the office, to the central office about a block away... it took me 15 minutes to make this journey. Facing north was like staring into the 9th Circle of Hell. 25-35mph winds in your face in combination of snowfall rates still going at about an inch per hour was not fun. By the time I got to the central office, I was soaking wet as though I had walked out into a thunderstorm. Not fun when it's less than 20 degrees outside.

The wind is still going strong and a Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for the greater Thumb Area until 4AM for ongoing lake effect snows that should produce another 1-2 inches. I'll have more pictures of both what I wake up to tomorrow and what I took over the past 18 hours, as well as YouTube videos of both this week's and last week's storms.

More clipper systems are on the way this week, which I'll talk more about later, but we also have what appears to be a significant warmup on the way, and all of this may seem like a distant memory by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment