Friday, August 14, 2015

Northern Huron County - Consider yourself under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning

The weather service has not yet warned on this, but it's almost an afterthought at this point. This storm has very likely reached severe criteria according to what I'm seeing on radar and even what I'm seeing outside. Explosive growth continues to occur and broad rotation continues to tighten up and grow stronger.

Base reflectivity is looking meaner by the second.

This storm is rising VERY HIGH in the atmosphere.  The top of the storm may be approaching 18-20,000 feet.

A very very dense precipitation core leads me to believe large hail may be a serious threat with this storm.

Here's the rotation.  Still broad, but beginning to show signs that it could be tightening up.

Path of the rotation.  Yeah - headed right for me.

The sky to my northwest.
Those in Caseville need to be especially concerned as this storm makes landfall.  The area of rotation looks as though it may make a direct hit on the town, or possibly the Sand Point or Pigeon areas.  I'll take more pictures as the storm gets closer and hopefully wind up with some real gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment