Sunday, August 2, 2015

Severe thunderstorm warning cancelled for Huron County - Saginaw, Tuscola, and Sanilac Counties still under the gun


The storm that has plowed across western Huron County has fallen below severe limits, so the warning has been allowed to expire.  However, the southern periphery of the Thumb Area, as well as Saginaw County, can expect the threat of very high winds and hail to increase over the next hour.  I can attest that the storm that hit Huron County produced about 70mph gusts, as I experienced it first hand as it made incoming.  It pushed me right back into my car and closed the door on me!

PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...60 PERCENT
An outflow boundary from these storms also may prompt a new severe thunderstorm watch within the next hour, as there's a threat that storms will redevelop from this feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment